FIND YOUR AUTHENTIC VOICE & SPEAK UP! WITH MELISSA J SCOTT
“Find your voice and speak up with confidence, conviction and sincerity. Know who you are and the value you project out to the world. When you know this… then you can do anything!”.
Melissa J Scott
I know, some people get frustrated with the phrase “find your authentic voice”… but I so relate to it! Because I literally DID lose my voice for about a DECADE, and the side effects of deep rooted self-limiting beliefs was that my normal speaking voice became a raspy, husky, scratchy thing that would fail for me constantly.
It was tricky to even speak on the phone to clients some days because it was so fragile. That was also very devastating for an ex singer/soprano who was used to be able to really belt out some noise with my vocal chords!
What the really sad thing was… it was all psychological.
So in this podcast I relate my personal story back to people in business who are too paralysed with fear of offending somebody or standing out and being criticised, that they silence themselves. And this holds them back in their life and their business. It’s the Aussie way isn’t it, “don’t be too big for your boots”! Or we’ll tear you to shreds.
So what about you? Are you hiding behind your brand, hiding behind your company and the glossy, safe exterior? Is fear stopping you from showing up for Facebook/Insta lives, speaking live, running webinars, guest podcasting or making video? This could be really affecting (even hurting) your business.
In this podcast episode I discuss the real power of FINDING your true voice and the many benefits of doing so, not just in your business but in your everyday life as well. Learning to speak with your true voice is so important, particularly if you are in an industry where you help people.
But it can be very hard, we all carry self-limiting beliefs and ‘stories’ from our childhood and how we were brought up that for some of us, makes the very thought of speaking in public, standing out and making our opinions heard feel very uncomfortable and we will avoid it at all costs!
But you CAN learn to get over the fears that may be holding you back.
“Having a voice is about standing for something, having your own input into your life.”
Melissa J Scott
What I will be covering today
- Why finding your true inner voice is so important
- How to deal with the fear of being told you are too pushy (this is a big one for women!)
- Get over the feelings of being exposed and other self-limiting beliefs.
- Develop the confidence and conviction to speak as an expert in your industry
- The importance of connection and recognising unhealthy substitutes
- Learn to question those feelings of vulnerability and recognise unhealthy ‘head trash’
- How being “perfect” is just a stalling tactic
- How the feelings of shame and guilt from your childhood can have long lasting repercussions to your emotional health and affect you as an adult
- Real life examples of clients finding their inner voice and the incredibly positive impact it is having on their business and their day to day lives.
If you want to have more success in your business and sales, you need to become an expert at creating trust and connection online through your personal brand, and creating quality content. Book a free half hour strategy session with Melissa today to find out how you can be the Rockstar in your industry. If you want it, it is possible.
And if you would like to check out Melissa, follow these links: